Village of Inglewood
MINUTES OF REGULAR MEETING
INGLEWOOD BOARD OF TRUSTEES
May 4, 2020 6:30 PM
The regular meeting of the Board of Trustees was called to order by Chairman Albert Nielsen with all members present. The Chairman announced the posting of the Open Meetings Act. It was then moved by J. Nielsen, seconded by Rosenbach and carried, to approve the minutes of the last meeting and to dispense with the reading.
The clerk/treasurer’s report was read which included one building permit – Daugard (Boulevard). The report was approved by a motion from Goree and second by J. Nielsen.
Account balances as follows:e keno checks - $2,607.45
Keno Checking Balance to date: $121,021.20
Flood Plain Study Fund Balance to date: $3,069.92
General Fund Checking Balance to date: $40,816.22
Street Fund Checking Balance to date: $140,398.52
Street CD Balance to date:$20,974.48
Total Street Fund: $161,373.00
REPAIR REPORTS (street/sign repairs, etc.)
-The trustees reported that one of the residents in the Village must be patching the street with asphalt. They thank whoever is doing it. --The property line for Costco has been marked off and is very close to the back of the Taylor and Gay properties on the east side of the Village.
-Park Street will have to be repaired before the rest of the streets in the Village because it has broken down significantly. The Village will ask the Fire Department if they would repair the approach when the streets are repaired.
REPORTS FROM ADDITIONAL MEETINGS ATTENDED
-The clerk attended several zoom meeting with Three Rivers concerning COVID-19 and has been kept updated on closures and regulations.
-Chairman Nielsen met with Steve Dodd, the Village engineer and discussed plans for the roads. Dodd will start working up bid proposals to send out for road repairs needed in the Village.
-Chairman Nielsen contacted Terry Seawall at Community Bank for possible funding for the road repairs until FEMA reimburses the Village.
-Chairman Nielsen met with the Nebraska Department of Roads about the HWY project. The asphalt overlay covered up the manhole covers on the highway and had to be dug up and built up so they could be found easily.
1. The Final 2020 Hazard Mitigation Plan was posted online by NNEDD for all the trustees to review for approval.
2. The FEMA claim for the flood damage to the Village hall was submitted and approved.
3. The Louden property on Boulevard Street was discussed again. No action will be taken at this time.
4. The Carstensens called the Chairman and let him know they are aware of the condition of the property on Main Street and are taking care of it.
5. No additional information on the lawsuit between the Village and S2 Refuse.
1. Bellino Fireworks application for 2020 fireworks sale was approved by a motion from J. Nielsen and second from Abrahamson.
2. Dale Wiedner is erecting a fence on his property on Main Street. The fence will not violate any Village ordinances so no additional actions are required.
3. Jerry Abrahamson may build a garage on his property on Main Street. He will follow all Village building ordinances. He may also put in a pool and will construct a 4 ft. fence around the pool.
4. JEO Consulting asked if the Village receives any funds for maintenance on the drain system from the city of Fremont. Chairman Nielsen said the Village does not receive any funds but the Village should look into it. JEO will prepare the documents for bids for the lift station repair and will solicit and review bids when they are received.
NEW BUSINESS & COMPLAINTS
1. The size of the burn pile on Hugh Pedersen property was brought up. As long as a burn permit is issued and the burn does not get out of hand there is nothing the Village can do about the size.
2. Dirt was brought in on Broad Street and placed at the sign on the Schuler property. It looks like the sign company who maintains the sign may have done this to reinforce the poles.
PAYMENTS, BILL & REIMBURSMENTS
* GENERAL FUND *
Albert Nielsen - chairman - meeting attendance - $150.00
Jerry Abrahamson - meeting attendance - $100.00
Greg Goree - trustee - meeting attendance - $100.00
John Nielsen - trustee - meeting attendance - $100.00
Kathy Rosenbach - meeting attendance - $100.00
Total Board Member Payment - $550.00
Barbara Shelton - clerk - salary - $400.00
meeting attendance - $50.00
Total Clerk Payment - $450.00
Dept of Utilities (auto pay) - hall utilities at 140 Boulevard - $161.82
Emanuel Printing - Small Talk - $41.00
Fremont Tribune - legal publications - $11.98
Spectrum - monthly internet and phone - $71.97
American Bankers Insurance - $806.00 - 2nd quarter trash service - $126.00
USPS - two rolls stamps - $110.00
Kim Wallin - park clean up and lawn service - $125.00
Albert Nielsen - two meetings and two hours - $80.00
Cline Williams - legal fees for S2 lawsuit - $2265.00
David Hartmann - legal fees - $1,263.35
GENERAL FUND PAYMENTS, BILLS & REIMBURSEMENTS - $5,936.12
* KENO FUND *
Dan's Tree Service - take down tree at park - $650.00
JEO Consulting - lift station - $5,800.75
JEO Consulting - lift station - $2,665.00
Jerry Abrahamson - 5 hours flood watch and one meeting - $90.00
Barbara Shelton - 17.5 flood hours - $350.0
John Nielsen - one meeting - $25.00
KENO FUND PAYMENTS, BILLS & REIMBURSEMENTS - $9,580.75
* STREET FUND *
Dept of Utilities - highway lights - 1157 S Broad - $147.14
Dept of Utilities - street lights - 132 Boulevard - $248.00
Goree Excavating - snow, salt and sign repair - $870.00
STREET FUND BILLS & REIMBURSEMENTS - $1,265.14
GENERAL FUND - $5,936.12
KENO FUND - $9,580.75
STREET FUND - $1,265.14
GRAND TOTAL BILLS & REIMBURSEMENTS - $16,782.01
Bills and reimbursements for a total of $16,782.01 were read and approved with a motion from Goree and second by J. Nielsen.
Meeting was adjourned by motion from J. Nielsen and second by Rosenbach
Barbara Shelton, Clerk Albert Nielsen, Chairman